The subject line says it all – not really a surprise but none the less important to mention it. This morning I met with Abbe, the weightlifting coach. We did not really do any movements, he evaluated my movements, core strength, hip and leg mobility and so on. That was an eye opener – He gave me some very valuable tips. What I always knew is: My mobility for back Squats is not the best. My knees fold inwards, my upper body tilts forward and my hips do not move enough. Now, the squat is a rather static exercise. Make that into a clean and jerk and you´ll get #rekt. The weight will come crashing down on you like a ten ton hammer and ram you into the ground if you do not stand 100% stable.
Clean and Jerk by the master himself, Dmitry Klokov:
My front Squat on the other hand is pretty damn solid already. Of course, it still needs tweaks but front squats are def. my best squat exercise. And with a clean and jerk you front squat. The Back squat will help you built that insane muscle mass and explosive strength you will need.
Also I bought a pair of brand new Squat shoes because I need more stability now that I´m crossing from the beginner into the intermediate section.
Adidas Powerlift II:
So, starting next week I will implement changes into my routine for the next 30 days to see how I get on.
- Stronger focus on core. I´ll do way more planks, bar and kettlebell twists and back stretchers. Get that core strong as fuck.
- Work on my mobility. What I´ll basically do is invest 15 minutes before every workout to do stretches with my new rubber band that I bought. Especially my lower back and thighs will need this.
- Have one day per week where I´ll start using the Smith machine for Squats. This is only for technical and isolation purposes. Like the Leg Press it will help me to lift heavier weight than I could in an actual squat and put my legs on death row.
Most important of all: Stop putting this processed food bullshit into my body and cook myself again. For the last weeks I did not really a have a choice other than eating take away or such. I feel weaker and got pretty chubby around the waist. Enough with that, from now on it is back to a healthy diet and I started with that yesterday.
Todays´ workout was:
- 30 minutes training with Abbe
- Bench Press: 2 x 8 @ 75KG, 5 x 82,5KG, 4 x 85KG, 2 x 10 Pause Bench Press @ 50KG
- Cable row: 2 x 12 @ 75KG, 1 x 8 @ 85 KG
- Lateral Raises in a superset with pushups: 3 x 10 @ 10KG with 3 x 10 Pushups
- Close grip EZ bar curls in a superset with skull crushers: 3 x 10 @ 25 KG & 3 x 10 @ 12.5 KG
So, let´s see how it goes from Monday on. Tomorrow I´ll have another workout focusing on my squat technique.
Catch ya later,